United Way Announces Campaign Kick-Off Week Festivities
United Way Executive Director Kelly Brenneman has announced that Ryan Sponsler will serve as the 2017 Campaign Chair for the United Way of Knox County and will preside over the Campaign Kickoff festivities the week of September 12-15th.
The 2017 Campaign Investment is $1,000,000 to fund 16 agencies, who will run 7 education, 6 financial stability and 13 health programs.
Donley Auto Group is also offering one lucky donor an opportunity to win a 2-year lease on a 2018 Ford Escape or $5,000 cash. This is the second year Donley has partnered with United Way in an effort to encourage more donors to invest in their local campaigns. Any donor who donates $250.00 or more will be entered in the drawing.
The theme this year is “Give Where You Live.” Campaign Kickoff Week festivities include:
- Monday, September 11th—Noon-1:00 p.m. Kiwanis Club Luncheon, Glenn A. Gallagher Centre, 1451 Gambier Road, Mount Vernon. Seating is limited; reservations required.
- Tuesday, September 12th—Noon-1:00 p.m. Rotary Club Luncheon, The Alcove Restaurant, 116 South Main Street, Mount Vernon. Seating is Limited; reservations required.
- Wednesday, September 13th—4:00 p.m. “Fill the Bus.” Park at MVHS Stadium. Join us as we ride to visit our agencies and see your United Way dollars at work.
- Thursday, September 14th—4:30-7:00 p.m. Free Hot Meal, Salvation Army, 206 East Ohio Avenue, Mount Vernon. Join the “Give Where You Live” team to combat hunger as we serve a healthy, free community meal in partnership with The Salvation Army
- Friday, September 15th—7:30 a.m. Give Where You Live Campaign Kickoff Breakfast, Foster Hall Mount Vernon Nazarene University. “Good Morning Knox County” live broadcast. Join us for this interactive, high-energy morning.
Contact Karen at 740.397.5721 or email@example.com to RSVP for each event, and for more information on how to donate to United Way of Knox County.