MOUNT VERNON – The Knox Substance Abuse Action Team (KSAAT) continues to offer Hidden in Plain Sight presentations during March and April. Hidden in Plain Sight is an interactive and informative presentation for adults designed to build their awareness on items they may find in an adolescent’s room, book-bag, closet or car that indicate risky behaviors including drug and alcohol abuse. The presentation features a staged bedroom with 150 items that are hidden in plain sight. Attendees at earlier presentations have indicated an increased awareness in their understanding of items associated with alcohol and other drug use.
Hidden in Plain Sight presentations are free and there is no –pre-registration. The presentations are for adults only. Upcoming presentations include:
- Mar. 12, 6 p.m., New Life Church of the Nazarene, 665 Harcourt Rd., Mount Vernon
- Mar. 14, 6:30 p.m., St. Vincent de Paul School, 206 E Chestnut St., Mount Vernon
- Mar. 29, 10 a.m., The Village Network, 17606 Coshocton Ave., Mount Vernon
- Mar. 29, 5 p.m., The Village Network, 17606 Coshocton Ave., Mount Vernon
- April 20, 6:30 p.m., Homer Public Library, 385 South St., Homer
All presentations are open to the public. If you are interested in hosting a Hidden In Plain Sight presentation for your organization or have questions, contact Ashley Didinger at the Knox County Health Department: 740-392-2200 ext. 2271 or email@example.com.